Friday, March 16, 2012

the forgotten initiative

Well, the whole reason I started this blog in the first place was to announce that a wonderful ministry called The Forgotten Initiative was coming to Bakersfield. So, its only right that I update you all now on how it is going.


In short, the Lord has been working and moving and opening doors for us to serve the forgotten in our community! We have begun our first project ~ Journey Bags! These backpacks will be packed by people all over our community and given to children who have been removed from their homes. It is thrilling for me to watch the Lord give vision and inspiration to many whose hearts are burdened by the great need. 


We will also begin gathering donations and volunteers to makeover the visitation rooms at two separate locations! Such a great opportunity for every member of the body of Christ to use their talents and resources to tell the families and children in foster care that they are special and loved by Jesus. 


Lastly, the Department of Human Services asked us to put together teams to mentor birth parents that have been reunited with their children. This is so exciting to me - they are giving us the names of the broken, hurting, and lost in Bakersfield and asking us to get into their lives. 
Oh, Lord, 
may the gospel be spread throughout this city! 
May many come to a saving faith in Jesus Christ. 


I wish I could tell you all that is happening, but my mind is mush and it would take much more time than I have to type it all out. Your prayers for TFI and all who are serving the foster care system are so appreciated. Remember the precious little ones who are displaced, through no fault of their own. Please pray, too, for the relatives who so often take care of these children when they are removed from their homes. In my conversations with DHS, it has been brought to my attention that so often family members take placement of their relatives and just how needy these families are. 


It is my deepest prayer that through the tangible things we do, all would know that Jesus loves them. He died for them and has a plan for their lives -each and every one of  the social workers, the children, the foster parents, the biological parents are so very special to Him. 


May His name be made famous in this city - and in cities across the United States as more TFI advocates join the family. 


If you are interested in learning more about The Forgotten Initiative - look  HERE
Or follow us on facebook - HERE

Lastly, this song has been playing in my head like crazy lately - the lyrics are the prayer of my heart for myself and all who name the name of Jesus. 




Lord break our hearts til it moves our hands and feet.
For the hopeless and the broken, 
for the ones who don't know that You love them, 
bring Your love to life inside of me.

1 comment:

  1. What a fabulous ministry! Helping family members is an awesome opportunity.
    http://foster2forever.com

    ReplyDelete