Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Air 1 Interview

Today is the day of my interview with Air1. I am not really sure what to expect. I hope I am not making too much of it - I mean, it could be a short 30 second commercial. I find it hard to believe that a radio station would give its time away to do a spot on a local foster agency, but then again, we serve a big God who works in big ways. I am convinced the timing is not an accident, not 3 months ago or 3 months from now, but right as I am launching The Forgotten Initiative in Bakersfield. So, if the timing is perfect, then I trust that length of the interview will be too! 


So, I have been thinking a lot about our journey these past few days. About our first little ones that were with us for 7 short weeks, and then getting the call for a little guy, just 4 months old. We had time to think and pray about taking placement of Levi - a whole week. In ways that made the decision harder. I agonize about most decision (not one of my better qualities). I tend to think and rethink and over think things til I am wound up in circles and I can't make heads or tails of anything anymore! A week after getting the call about Levi we went to meet him at his foster family's house. I prayed and prayed that the Lord would allow there to be a love connection between us. We visited, snuggled, and played with him for an hour or so. When we left, I said to Dominic, "Well?" All he said was, "He's cute!" We didn't talk about our decision at all the rest of the night. The next morning I texted Dominic (yep, that's how our life changing decision was "discussed") and asked him what to tell our social worker. He texted back "yes". And that was it. He came home that afternoon! The Lord certainly answered the "love connection" request and all my thinking and rethinking didn't matter anymore. He was our son from the moment he laid his little head on my chest and fell asleep that first night at his foster family's house.


The first few months with Levi were great - and hard. He barely slept. I mean, we celebrated if he slept longer than 30 minutes at a time. I was up with him all through the night. He was restless and resisted laying close and still in bed with me, yet he cried and fussed in his own bed. As night time approached I could feel myself getting anxious and my stomach would begin to churn just knowing how long the night was going to be again. During the day he was happy and content, but again....no sleep. "Naps" were 20 minutes at best. It took months and patience and lots of lovin', but today, he takes 2 good naps a day and sleeps through the night! Not that sleep is everything, but to me it is one way I know he is settled here, he is secure and he knows he is safe. 


So, as I think about this interview I wonder, how do I express the wonderful miracle of adoption in a sentence or two? How do I share all the Lord has done in our lives this last year and a half in a quick interview? I am known for my many words, so today I pray, "Lord, fill my mouth with Your words  - let Your heart be made known." 


Thanks for your prayers - I'll let you know how it goes! 


By His Grace and for His glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment