Saturday, January 7, 2012

The Inevitable has finally happened!

Welcome! As the title states, the inevitable has finally happened! After months of stalking other people's blogs, I have started my own - which I am sure comes as no surprise to most of you! :) 

The goal and purpose of this blog is to share my heart and burden for the forgotten children of the world. I pray  the Lord uses this blog as a place to encourage other Christians to answer the call of our Heavenly Father to care for the least of these. 

       "Whoever receives one little child like this in My name, receives Me."                        
Matthew 18:5

With that purpose in mind, it is my joy to share with you all that its official - 
I am an advocate for The Forgotten Initiative. 
You can read more about them here http://www.theforgotteninitiative.org/#mission
I am so excited to be linked with like-hearted believers in the common ministry of reaching the broken and forgotten with the love of Jesus! I will be posting here and on our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/tfi.bakersfield?sk=wall as ministry opportunities arise in Bakersfield. I look forward to linking arms with many believers in Kern County to bring joy and purpose to the foster care community. 

I know the Lord's timing in leading me to The Forgotten Initiative is perfect. What started months ago with a desire to be a voice in churches around Bakersfield, lots of ideas, and a video project that took longer than expected (if you haven't seen it - check it out - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oo68B8hnpDQ), has resulted in becoming a Forgotten Advocate. It is thrilling to look back and see God's hand preparing us for such a time as this. 

So, here's to a new year, a new ministry, and a new blog! 
To God be the glory, great things He has done! 
Becky

3 comments:

  1. I'm happy to be the first to post on your new blog!! So excited to be on this journey with you, my friend!! Looking forward to seeing what 2012 brings!! (and by the way, we secured a sitter and we are planning to be at Summit!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know the Lord is going to use you to minister to many. God bless you as you open your life to others as the Lord leads you on this new adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm looking forward to your new adventure! Your passion is clear!!!!

    ReplyDelete