Thursday, January 12, 2012

What Could His Life Been Like?

On Tuesday night Dominic and I were sitting on the couch, worship music was playing in the background as the kids ran around being silly. Levi absolutely loves it when all of us are hanging out - its his time to turn on the charm and ham it up! He was dancing, and twirling, and laughing. As we watched him enjoy the love and attention of his family, Dominic said to me, "Do you ever think about what his life could have been like?" 
  
I do. Alot. Actually, the more his personality emerges, the more kisses and cuddles I get from him, the more I hear him "singing" Jesus Loves Me as I snuggle him before bed, the more my mind wanders to the "what ifs". But even more than that, I am stirred to pray for his birth mom. It saddens me to think she is missing out on knowing this wonderful little boy she carried in her womb. She is so lost and in bondage. I pray that the Lord would reach her and speak His love and plan of salvation to her. I never met her - never even saw her - but I pray for her. While we were waiting to be certified the Chris Tomlin song "Our God" became my prayer for our little one - and the Lord answered my heart's prayer in every way! 
"Into the darkness You shine,
Out of the ashes we rise,  
There's no one Like You, none like You....
Our God is healer, awesome in power, our God."  
I pray the same prayer for her. "Lord, shine Your light into the darkness. Nothing is too hard for you." 

What could his life have been like? I don't know. What I do know, is he is here and he is loved. He is the apple of his daddy's eye. Truly, Dominic is smitten. I love to watch the two of them together. Dominic tells me countless times a day how cute Levi is, how special he is, how much he loves him. I have heard him defend him against thoughtless racial jokes with passion and intensity. Levi is the first to get hugs and kisses when Dominic gets  home from work! He is waiting for the day they can do "guy stuff" together. All of these things are answers to the quiet cry of my heart - that Dominic would fall in love with the child the Lord brought to our family. It has been my joy to watch as the men in the house bond! 




We both look forward to teaching Levi about Jesus and raising him to be a godly man. Levi is a gift, he is a blessing to our family, and his life is a reminder of the redemptive love of our great God who loves the little children and answers prayers!


To God be the glory, great things He has done! 

No comments:

Post a Comment