Friday, January 27, 2012

another piece of the puzzle

Well, friends its official. Or rather, I'm official! Business cards and The Forgotten Initiative brochures were delivered yesterday. Time to start advocating for the needs of the forgotten in Bakersfield. I am jazzed! So ready to be part of bringing the love of Jesus to the foster care community. 


It has been so exciting to watch the Lord perfectly place the pieces of the puzzle together. From the desire to be a voice for the fatherless, to making the video for our agency, to "happening" upon Jami's blog and learning about TFI  - it has all been His leading, His preparing, His timing. Now, one more exciting piece of the puzzle - I get to spread the word about The Forgotten Initiative on Air1! On Tuesday, I will head to our agency where I will get to share our foster/adoption story, our vision, and all about TFI. Certainly not a coincidence that our agency was approached by Air1 and offered this amazing opportunity! Just another piece of the puzzle. I love watching the Lord work and move. 


Please pray that the Lord's heart for the fatherless would be revealed as I talk with the interviewer. That the words I speak would not be mine, but His, and that many would hear and be moved to join the TFI team. Above all, please pray for those in the foster care system - that all would know the love of Jesus. 


I am filled with a sense of awe as I think about being used this way. Who could've known that 15 years ago, when we first started talking about adoption, we would end up here in this place at this time?! Even more unimaginable is the crazy love we have for this little boy we met just 11 short months ago! We started and stopped the process to be certified 4 times before actually going all the way. What was once a lingering desire has become the most blessed thing we have ever done! I am so glad we stepped out and obeyed the calling He had for our lives. We could have missed the joy of loving Levi. 


To God be the glory, great things He has done!





1 comment: