Tuesday, January 31, 2012

update

I keep thinking, "This has to be God. None of this is a coincidence. Surely the mighty hand of our Father is orchestrating these things!" And I get a front row seat as He works on behalf of those He loves. So cool!


Let me explain....first of all the interview, which went great by the way, is a free 25 minute spot that airs on two radio stations in Bakersfield and the surrounding communities. Air1/KLOVE spotlight non-profit organizations giving them air time that they could never pay for. First, Mardi (foster parent coordinator for Koinonia) shared about Koinonia. She did a beautiful job and was a faithful voice for the fatherless. I already loved her, but hearing her speak with such passion and clarity causes me to love her all the more. Then it was my turn. Kurt, the interviewer, introduced me as an advocate for TFI and gave me 5+ minutes to share about the mission and ministry of TFI as well as our personal adoption story. I could have gone on for much longer than that, but I am thankful for the time I had. I surprised myself by getting emotional as I talked about Levi. I am not a crier, but I was on the verge - my voice was all cracky and I had to force myself not to give in and fall apart right then and there. The whole time was powerful and we could sense the Lord's presence as we spoke. Mardi and I came out of the interview rejoicing that we had the opportunity to be used this way. 


After the interview, Kurt asked me if I would be willing to do a 25 minute segment by myself solely for The Forgotten Initiative! To which I whooped and hollered and jumped up and down. OK - truthfully, I was doing that on the inside. Outwardly, I was a bit more dignified. I told Kurt I would love to. We should be taping that interview next time he is in Bakersfield (in the spring).


Can you believe it? I mean, I know I shouldn't be surprised, God is in the business of doing great things!                     

To God be the glory, great things He has done!

No comments:

Post a Comment