Monday, January 9, 2012

A Little More Info

Well, I realized after my first post that I gave no details about The Forgotten Initiative (TFI) and how I "happened" to find this amazing ministry. It is such a blessing to already see the Lord's hand leading, guiding, and preparing the way! I know it was not an accident or a coincidence, but instead the beautiful weaving together of His plan for our lives.


As most of you know, I read blogs - lots of blogs. (I have actually "cut back" because I was convicted about how much time I spent reading about other people's lives instead of reading the bible.) Anyways, one blog I love to read is called We Are Grafted In. Adoptive/foster families from all over regularly post on this site. It was there that I read a post by a foster mom, Jami. I was so encouraged by her honesty and total dependence on Jesus. On her personal blog I found a link to The Forgotten Initiative. I commented, asking her if I could pick her brain a bit about starting a ministry for foster care in Bakersfield. Within minutes we were on the phone sharing our stories, talking about life with kids, and praying together. Jami is the founder of The Forgotten Initiative and her prayer is that there would be advocates in every city in the United States. Our hearts were immediately united by our common desire to see the body of Christ answer the call to care for the fatherless. 


The timing of all of this was totally the Lord because the post I read on We Are Grafted In was supposed to post in December of 2010(it posted a whole year "late"). Had it posted in 2010, I would not have read it and I would not have been linked with TFI.  Only God. 
I had been feeling a bit discouraged by how long it took to get the video done. My plan was to have it finished in October so I could promote it and it could be shown in churches during National Adoption Month (November). Instead, I would have to wait until after the holidays to really start with that. (not my plan, but oh how I see now His plan is so much better) Now, I can go to churches/pastors/foster agencies full of ministry opportunities and ideas - with the backing and support of TFI and Lifesong for Orphans. Only God. His ways and timing are so much better than mine!

To God be the glory, great things He has done!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I'm humbled by your dedication and hope to help you in any way possible.
    --Lacy

    ReplyDelete