Thursday, February 16, 2012

greater things are still to be done

Next week, I get to meet with the Director of Outreach for 
Child Welfare Services and her staff. 
This is an amazing opportunity! 
I am thrilled beyond words to have this open door 
to speak to those whose job it is to reach out to the community 
on behalf of the children in foster care. 

I will be asking them how we can help. 
How can we bless and love on the 
forgotten in Bakersfield? 

I am thrilled to have already seen the hearts of God's people stirred to action!
I was rejoicing with Dominic last night 
about those the Lord has already 
raised up to be part of The Forgotten Initiative. 
It is exciting to think about all 
the Lord can and will do through His people!! 
He is the God of this city - 
greater things are yet to come 
and greater things are still to be done in this city! 

One family, who is in the process of adopting two little boys, has already 
started talking about ways they can involve their teenage daughter and her 
high school friends in packing journey bags for teens in foster care! 
I LOVE that! 

Watch this video (put together by Jami - our founder). 
You will be inspired - I know I was.


I am so hoping that we will have the opportunity to re-decorate the rooms 
that children and their parents meet in at their weekly visits. 
It is desperately needed - 

Here is a video of some room make-overs put together by other TFI advocates and many volunteers to bring a little sunshine to the visit and waiting rooms in other communities. 



These are just a few of the many ways 
we can be part of bringing the love of Jesus to the 
Foster Care Community. 

How can we not take the command to care for the fatherless seriously? 
He loves every single child - the orphan, the foster child. 
He created them - Jesus died for them! 

On Tuesday at the end of our time with the MOPS group, 
the leader, Lynn, read a letter. It is taken from scripture written 
as a love letter from God to His children. 
She said, "Look at that little boy's sweet face (speaking of Levi)
as I read this." 

Friends, it was moving. 
I will leave you with the words of our 
Heavenly Father -  
(As you read them, think of the many, many children, who, 
through no fault of their own, find themselves in foster care)


My Child,

You may not know me,
but I know everything about you. 

Psalm 139:1
I know when you sit down and when you rise up. 
Psalm 139:2
I am familiar with all your ways. 
Psalm 139:3
Even the very hairs on your head are numbered. 
Matthew 10:29-31
For you were made in my image. 
Genesis 1:27
In me you live and move and have your being.
Acts 17:28
For you are my offspring. 
Acts 17:28
I knew you even before you were conceived. 
Jeremiah 1:4-5
I chose you when I planned creation. 
Ephesians 1:11-12
You were not a mistake,
for all your days are written in my book. 

Psalm 139:15-16
I determined the exact time of your birth
and where you would live. 

Acts 17:26
You are fearfully and wonderfully made. 
Psalm 139:14
I knit you together in your mother's womb. 
Psalm 139:13
And brought you forth on the day you were born. 
Psalm 71:6

My plan for your future has always been filled with hope. 
Jeremiah 29:11
Because I love you with an everlasting love. 
Jeremiah 31:3
My thoughts toward you are countless
as the sand on the seashore.

Psalms 139:17-18
And I rejoice over you with singing. 
Zephaniah 3:17


http://www.fathersloveletter.com/flltextenglish.html  (to read the full letter)

To God be the Glory, great things He has done! 






No comments:

Post a Comment