Sunday, February 19, 2012

a new chapter

This weekend marks a new chapter for us as parents - we have entered the world of jr. high, youth group, winter camp, and we are just 2 short weeks away from Kenadie's 13th birthday. Exciting days are ahead, I'm sure! 


Dominic and Kenadie are at Camp Sugar Pine near Yosemite for winter camp until tomorrow! I think Dominic was as excited as Kenadie to be going! He never went to youth camp as a teen, so he was really looking forward to the experience, and especially spending the weekend with Kenadie. Yesterday they left camp at went to Yosemite. (I think a family trip up there is in our future!) He loves the mountains - so he thoroughly enjoyed taking pictures of the beautiful scenery. 


Dominic called this afternoon - it was great to hear that Kenadie is loving her first youth trip. I have been praying that the Lord would meet with her in a very real and personal way. She is tender and open to the voice of the Lord, so I trust that He is ministering to her heart while she is there.



This is the first of many youth trips, I'm sure. I just love that she is happy her dad is with her. He told me today that he has tried to give her her space - like not sitting by her at meals, but she chooses to sit with him. :) That blesses him, (and me!) Who said teens are too cool for their parents? 


The rest of the gang and I have spent time with my parents - it has been a relaxing weekend, but I am ready for Dominic and Kenadie to be home. 


So much more on my heart, but I will save that for another day. For tonight, I am praying for a revival in my own life and in the lives of Christians around the world. May we about the Father's business until He comes for His people! 


He (Jesus) told them, "The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field." Luke 10:2


By His grace and for His glory! 

No comments:

Post a Comment