Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day

I can't think of a better way to have spent my morning than sharing our adoption story with a bunch of moms at a MOPS group here in town. Norma (our adoption social worker) invited me along and since I can't resist the opportunity to talk about adoption and foster care and TFI, I happily accepted! What a blessing. :) 


As I thought about what I would say today I couldn't help but reflect on the love I have been given by my heavenly Father and how walking this adoption road has given me a clearer understanding of the how deep His love is for me. I thought about how much we all love Levi and how adopting him has given us many glimpses of God's heart for His children. I thought again about missing the blessing of loving Levi had we not obeyed God's call. I thought about how God's timing and plans are perfect - I pray I was able to adequately express these truths as I shared my heart. 


I took Levi along, and while I don't expect him to always want to be on display as the cute adopted kid, he stole the show today! I held him for the majority of my talk and he waved, smiled, snuggled, and babbled. He loves my earrings - and if they are even remotely round he calls them "basketballs". (He says it adorably, too, by the way.) So, right in the middle of my presentation, he calls out "batem-ball". Of course, all the moms laughed and oohed and aahed. He's quite the ham - so he continued to talk and wave and coo at the baby in front of us - He enjoyed every minute of the attention! Love that boy!! 


Afterwards, one mom came to me and said, "I want to do whatever I can to be part of The Forgotten Initiative. How can I help?" Praises! I love making these connections. I love seeing others' hearts stirred by the heart of the Lord. I love being a voice for the fatherless. Another lady asked if she could contact me because she and her husband are considering adoption and she has lots of questions. Love it! Yes, yes, yes! I love talking about adoption. I love knowing other Christians are stepping out and walking this road. 


We don't usually do much for Valentine's Day. So, spending the morning talking about all the Lord has done for us this past year was the best possible way to celebrate this day of love! 


Hope your day is blessed - hope you and yours find yourselves full of the love of the Lord! 


To God be the glory, great things He has done!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! It's so neat to see how God is using you and your ministry in so many different lives.

    ReplyDelete